We are happy to be open safely for patient care during this trying time. Your safety has always been our top priority and that commitment has not changed. Please feel confident that our dental office is and always has been a safe place to receive dental care.
We have increased our already-rigorous infection control measures to go above-and-beyond for our patients. We are following and exceeding all safety procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, American Dental Association, and OSHA.
Here are just some of the things that you can expect for your upcoming dental appointment:
- We will be asking some COVID-related health screening questions when we schedule your appointment and again just prior to your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wear a mask. If you forgot your mask, we will provide you one.
- We ask that only the patient who is scheduled for the appointment come inside the office. If you need assistance to come in or out or have special circumstances, please let us know.
- All patients and parents/caregivers will be required to have their temperature taken before entering the building. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- If you are experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, or sore throat, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
Some of the things that we as a dental team are doing at the office to keep you safe:
- Daily COVID-19 screening and temperature checks for all staff
- Mask wearing and social distancing at all times
- Extra wiping and disinfection of countertops, door handles, and high touch surfaces
- Air purifiers and high vacuum suction devices to minimize aerosols
- Extra time between patients in each treatment room.
- We have systems in place regarding how patients move through the office so the possibility of viral transmission is greatly diminished.